- Lightweight (just 1 MB in size)
- Does not install video drivers or video hooks making your system more stable.
- Fast screenshot updates
- Fast response time on low latency networks including slow dial up connections.
- Full-featured secure file transfer lets you access files on the remote computer and securely transfer them between local and remote computers in any direction.
- Multiple monitors support lets you view the screen of any monitor attached to the remote host.
- Remote cursor shape support provides better feedback by letting you view the shape of the cursor on the remote host.
- Clipboard transfer automatically or manually syncronizes the clipboards of the remote and local computers making it easy to copy and paste text between two PCs.
- Remote PC shortcuts let you create file-based shortcuts to remote computers. Double clicking a shortcut takes you directly to the remote computer.
- Can work in service mode to provide access to logon screen, and send Ctrl-Alt-Del to the remote computer.
- Can work in standalone mode as ordinary application providing ability to run it in restricted user accounts.
- View-only capability lets you view the screen and mouse movements on the remote computer.
- Pause and refresh lets you pause screen updates and manually refresh them one frame at a time.
- Command-line interface lets you automate such tasks as installing the software, controlling the server, or running the client.
- Drop down list of hosts available on the LAN automatically remembers host names and IP addresses and saves you from typing them manually into the address box. Automatically locates all computers available for remote control on your network within 2 seconds.
- Automatically stops screenshot updates when the client window is minimized thus reducing load on the remote computer and the network when the program is not used.
- Java client lets you access your computer regardless of the visiting operating system and its security settings.
- Remote reboot lets you send a restart command to a remote PC without loading its screen.
- Remote upgrade lets you upgrade Access Remote PC software on the remote computer while connected to it with Access Remote PC.
- Runs in Safe Mode. Lets you restart remote computer in Safe Mode and take control after restart.
- Custom setup builder (exegen utility).
- Sound transfer from host to client lets you hear the sounds played by a remote host or recorded via microphone.
- Automatic wallpaper removal during a connection provides faster screen updates.
- Full screen option lets you view the entire screen of the remote computer without having to scroll.
- Image scaling lets you fit the entire remote screen into the client window to avoid scrolling.
- Transparently works through firewalls, routers, and supports dynamic IP addresses via our optional RPC subscription service.
- HTTP/HTTPS proxy support (supports both GET/POST and CONNECT methods)
- Basic, digest, and Windows Integrated authentication for HTTP/HTTPS proxies
- SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 proxy support
- Automatic proxy detection
- Strong 160-bit RC4-compatible industry standard encryption ensures that no one else can view the information transmitted over the network. (RC4 is a trademark of RSA Security Inc)
- Password protection lets you password protect access to your computer. Access Remote PC uses Secure Remote Passwords (SRP)
technology for authentication and key exchange. See also RFC 2945
- Windows integrated authentication lets you use password management built into operating system.
- One-time passwords that can be used only once add protection against malicious keyboard-scanning software.
- CRC integrity checking is applied to the data stream before encryption to ensure that no one can change the information while it is traveling over public networks. Any change is detected and results in an immediate disconnect.
- Unlimited user accounts let you provide remote access to a computer to any number of users with separate usernames, passwords, and permissions.
- Individual permissions for each account let you specify what each user can and what they cannot do on your computer. The following permissions can be granted: view screen, control mouse and keyboard, access file system, download files, upload files, delete files, restrict file access to a specific folder, allow access only when accepted by live person or allow unattended access, set optional inactivity timeout.
- Logging writes information about every session to an MS Office-readable CSV log file.
- Optional manual acknowledgement of incoming connections for chosen user accounts.
- Inactivity timeout set individually per user.
- IP filter lets you specify the IP addresses or ranges of IP addresses from which the access is allowed.
- Secured UI lets you restrict access to any Access Remote PC setting individually per OS user account.
- Tray icon pop up notifications of incoming connections for selected user acconts.
- Supports third-party firewalls such as Norton firewall via Windows Firewall Scripting.
- More about security...
- Well thought-out user interface will save you time, effort, and frustration.
- One button switch between file transfer and remote screen.
- Server icon in the system's tray provides single click access to the server window and all of its settings and displays the status of Remote PC Server.
- Hide icon option lets administrators hide the server icon from the system's tray so that the users could not accidentally or intentionally close the program.
- List of connected users lets you view the users connected to the server and forcibly disconnect individual users or all of them at once.
- Windows XP themes support.
- Two-pane UI design (see screenshot)
- Each pane can display either remote or local files
- Ability to copy files between folders on the remote computer
- Classic keyboard interface
- Supports drag and drop
- Supports cut/copy and paste
- Resumes broken uploads and downloads
- Safe authentication, encryption, and integrity checking
- Multiple user accounts
- Transparent on-the-fly file compression for faster transfers
- Access control lets you restrict access to a particular folder, and restrict operations to browse, upload, download, delete
- Integration with Windows NT file security when used with Windows Integrated Authentication
- Transfer individual files, selection of files, or entire folders
- Displays progress while copying and lets you abort any lengthy operation
- Supports background operation
- File viewer
- Translates file times when copying between different time zones
- Calculates size of folders on the local or remote computer.
- Advanced file and directory synchronization.
- Directory navigation history.
- Quick search in a directory listing.
The following features are under development and will be included in future versions. You may buy now with confidence, as all current customers will receive these upgrades FREE of additional charge.
- Screen blanking and keyboard locking on the host computer
- Support for rich-text, HTML, and image clipboard transfers
- Text-based chat
- Pocket PC client