You can print documents on the remote computer to your local printer. To use
this capability you must install your local printer's driver on the remote
computer. To install the driver, follow these steps:
- On the remote computer select Start Menu > Settings > Printers and Faxes > Add
Printer to display the Add Printer Wizard.
- Click Next.
- Click Local Printer attached to this computer. Uncheck the box Automatically
detect and install my Plug and Play printer. Click Next.
- On the Select a Printer Port dialog box, click Use the following port
and select FILE: (Print to File). Click Next.
- On the Install Printer Software
dialog box, select your printer from the list or install the printer software
from disk if your model is not listed. Click Next.
- On the Name Your Printer
dialog box, type a name for your printer or choose the default name. Click Next.
- On the Printer Sharing
dialog box, choose whether you want to share the printer on the remote LAN and
- On the Print Test Page dialog box, select No and Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Every time you print a document on the remote computer, choose this printer you just installed.
You will be prompted by Windows for a file name to print the document to. The
file will contain raw printer output. You can transfer this file to your local
computer and print it to the physical printer by choosing Print From File
command in the Tools menu of the Remote PC Client window.
In the future versions of Access Remote PC the remote printing capability will be made more convenient.